Why is Lindsey “Lady G” Graham being outed now?

The internet is abuzz right now with news that gay adult film actor Sean Harding had posted on Twitter, urging other men working the high-end male escort circuit to come out, violate their non-disclosure agreements, and let the world know that Republican Senator Lindsey Graham is in the habit of paying for their services. He didn’t come right out and identify Graham by name, but instead referred to the man in question as a “homophobic Republican Senator” with the initials “LG.” [Graham is the only member of the U.S. Senate with the initials LG. And, when someone responded to Harding, asking if the Senator in question was Graham, he responded with a winking emoji.] Harding, across a series of posts, said that the Senator in question, known as “Lady G” among gay escorts, has hired “every sex worker” he knows. He also said that, as of right now, he already had two other escorts willing to join him in violating their non-disclosure agreements and coming forward.

I, of course, couldn’t care less who Graham chooses to have sex with, and don’t think that he, or anyone, should lose their job for being gay. With that said, however, I can’t say as though I have a lot of sympathy for him at them moment, given his stated refusal to serve as a “fair juror” during Trump’s impeachment trial, his threats to reopen the ridiculous Clinton email investigation, his behavior during Bret Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing, etc. [And I didn’t even mention that he’d pushed for a Constitution amendment banning gay marriage.] There are innumerable reasons to see Graham pushed from office, but his reliance upon gay prostitutes — if that turns out to be the case — is so far down on the list as to be non-existent. With that said, however, I do find the claim interesting, as it might well explain how it was that this once respected American politician went from saying that Donald Trump should be kicked out of the Republican Party in 2016, to becoming one of Donald Trump’s most loyal bootlickers.

I remember saying years ago that it looked as though Graham had been coerced into this abrupt turnaround of his, and, if Harding’s claims pan out, I guess we’ll know how this amazing feat was accomplished.

For what it’s worth, I don’t like trafficking in accusations such as these. And I don’t do it often. In fact, I don’t think I’ve shared anything like this since I posted about the accusations of “brutal rape” that had been leveled at Robert Mueller by Trump supporters Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman a few years ago. And, for the most part, I think I’ve been right not to jump in and share unfounded accusations. I waited before mentioning the accusations of Tara Reade against Joe Biden, for instance, and I’m glad that I did. In this case, though, it’s not just the accusation that interests me, but the timing. And that’s what I wanted to explore right now, more-so than the accusations themselves.

I may be overthinking this, but I found it interesting that this happened today, just as the tide seemed to finally be turning against Donald Trump. Over the past week, the language against the President had been getting more pointed on the right, with people starting to find their voices. And it felt like we were finally at an inflection point. On Tuesday we had Mike Mullen, a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, warning of our military being “co-opted for political purposes.” And that was followed the next day by Trump’s own former Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis telling the American people that the President of the United States of America is a threat to our Constitution. And, yesterday, former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly said not only that he agreed with Mattis, but that we, as a nation, “need to look harder at who we elect.” [“I think we should look at people that are running for office and put them through the filter,” Kelly said. “What is their character like? What are their ethics?”] So it felt to me as though we might start to finally see some Republican members of Congress joining the chorus today. Mitt Romney and Lisa Murkowski had already come out against Trump to some extent, but I was thinking that maybe it could start to spread, with other GOP Senators growing more bold in their criticism. And I know it’s unlikely, but this news about Sean Harding taking to Twitter to say that he had two other gay escorts ready to join him and talk about their relationships with Graham, made me think that maybe a signal was being sent that Graham no longer had to worry about what Trump held against him.

I know that might be a weird way to look at it, but I didn’t see this so much as a threat against Graham, as a message to him that Donald Trump no longer held any power over him. And I’m curious as to whether or not anyone else saw it that way — like a “Surrender Dorothy” being painted across the sky, saying, “It’s all over, and you might as well start telling the truth.” Because, really, I don’t see why else an allegation like this would be made today. I think people know the dam is breaking, and someone’s trying to speed it along.

This entry was posted in Politics, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. rabia O'chaudry
    Posted June 5, 2020 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

I’m a DC licensed attorney. If you signed an NDA to protect a crooked racist homophobic senator and need an attorney to review it pro bono, DM me.

2. Miguel Martínez
    Posted June 5, 2020 at 11:42 pm | Permalink

Is sex work legal in SC? I thought not. So can an NDA be enforceable in the case of illegal activity? Asking for a community.

3. Leanne B
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 3:34 am | Permalink

Comes as no surprise to me I’m sureTrump has something in everyone of his Republican cronies and especially all those who were up against him for president that’s how he got the nomination

4. Posted June 6, 2020 at 4:50 am | Permalink

I don’t think it’s a weird way to look at it, Mark. The message to Graham may be coming purely from the gay community of sex workers.

The Republican primary in South Carolina is this coming Tuesday, June 9th.

“2020 South Carolina Primary Election Information”

5. iRobert
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 5:03 am | Permalink

By the way, Graham has three opponents in the Republican primary this Tuesday, and if he fails to get a majority of the vote, there will be a runoff two weeks later.

6. John Brown
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 6:52 am | Permalink

He can’t come clean. Self loathing homophobia is probably the least problematic of his closet skeletons, on a legal basis. And he’s way too pretty for jail….

7. Jean Henry
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 8:04 am | Permalink

It’s only relevant if he was being blackmailed about it.
    Knowing a few still deeply closeted people my age and older, it’s an extraordinarily painful existence. That kind of pain can cause one to do all sorts of shitty things.

8. Candace Joy Lewis
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 8:09 am | Permalink

Mark, ¶ 3 “amazing feet” : unless intending to be bootlicking punny with the homophone (which I enjoyed, quite frankly), it’s “amazing feat”. Thanks for a thoughtful article!

9. Posted June 6, 2020 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Yes. Feat. Damn. Thanks.

10. Johnny Spencer
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 8:38 am | Permalink

We commit enough self loathing during our learning of self acceptance. Lindsay has been in a place of power and influence for many years. The real crime is his self loathing that spills into the gay community and the feeling of betrayal that ensues

11. Amanda Ross
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 8:56 am | Permalink

This news flew under my radar. Thanks for posting. His state’s primary could be a factor, but as you note, there’s not a feeling of overt malice associated with the texts. (Assumption being that outing is in and of itself an act of aggression.) The timing is definitely something to think about.

12. Demetrius
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 9:44 am | Permalink

It seems like most evangelicals have made a “deal with the devil” when it comes to Trump – agreeing to look the other way when it comes to his many moral failings, as long as he continues delivering what they deem to be acceptable Supreme Court nominees, appointing cabinet secretaries (like DeVos) who champion private schools over public education, and issuing executive orders which they believe support “religious liberty.”

So, I suspect that whatever comes “out” about Graham, most South Carolina Republicans will “find it in their hearts” to continue supporting him, as long as he continues delivering on their narrow agenda.

13. Hyborian Warlord
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Graham’s been going along with Trump entirely too much. That’s why they finally called in the blackmail on him: to finish him off for good. Good thing it is extremely forgivable in comparison to what many in politics have over their heads.

14. Something from Facebook
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 9:46 am | Permalink

This feels like too complex of a plot for the Donald to have pulled off! LOL. I can see it as being related to the primary though

15. Robert Lewis
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 11:07 am | Permalink

You cannot have a Non-disclosure Agreement protecting an underlying criminal act, it is manifestly against public policy. No court will enforce such an NDA.

16. Dave Nave
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Who hasn’t spent a moment pondering the whiplash inducing conversion Graham made? It was practically immediate following one golf outing. He has since contradicted almost every position he has taken in his decades long career. The Twittersphere was quick to remind us that Trump exposed Graham’s cell phone number during his Never Trump days and then it was revealed that his email was hacked by the Russians. Shortly thereafter *poof* Mr Hyde is unabashedly soft on Russia and shamelessly obsequious to Trump. Trump is every bit the deranged threat that Graham once warned us about. What changed? The actions on the timeline since the hacking help to lend credence to theories of potential blackmail.

17. Melanie Reardon
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

It’s not about judging him for being gay. It’s about judging him for letting trump blackmail him

18. Trevor Hardy
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

McCain and Lady G bonded over their love of war crimes and the Zio-Nazis. If they were blowing each other at the same time – it wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

19. Lynn U
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

Fascinating. I might note that this article contains a highly amusing typo: John Kelly as the “White Chief of Staff.” I suppose you meant White House Chief of Staff, but White Chief of Staff is probably accurate.

20. Alfredo McInerny
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

The Internet is aTwitter with the so-called irony Sen. Graham’s outing.

People keep posting saying that it’s OK to do this since he’s been so awful to the LGBT agenda, etc. etc. (I think your “signalling” perspective is interesting!).

It’s an honest question. (I’d say “Just curious”, but that sounds wrong in context).

21. Mary evans
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

I also seen a copy of mitch McConnel military partial that stated mitch McConnell was kicked out of service for being caught sodimizing a fellow officer. This also was on twitter I believe this because mitch is so mean I think he should resign to also for being in riussia pocket
    Lindsey should resign not for being gay but being a national security risk and was probably blackmailed by russia These men have millions of dollars where did the get it and are we paying for lindsey to have sex

22. Jennifer Hathaway
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

He’s being outed because he’s standing up against the nonsensical narrative being spun by the White House.
    This is messing with The Donald’s fairy tale about what is going on. It is practically an outright rebellion.

23. Lydia
    Posted June 6, 2020 at 8:47 pm | Permalink

This comes as no news for me. I have always believed he was gay. Lil’ Hoover.

24. Nathanael
    Posted June 7, 2020 at 1:47 am | Permalink

So, Trump or someone close to Trump was blackmailing Linsday Graham. And now they can’t blackmail him any more because he’s been exposed, though if they break the NDAs and fully testify, that will be even more clear.

Fascinating, as Mr. Spock would say.

25. iRobert
    Posted June 7, 2020 at 10:28 am | Permalink

The issue isn’t that Graham is gay. It is that he has been engaging in criminal activity. He’s being outed as a criminal. It’s unfortunate that he’s being outed as gay as a consequence.

Any US Senator discovered to be engaging in criminal activity should be removed from office immediately. Of course they are opening themselves up to blackmail. There’s little chance he wasn’t being blackmailed.

26. iRobert
    Posted June 8, 2020 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

There’s little chance Graham ISN’T being blackmailed. He’s essentially been on a leash for a long time, as tens of thousands of people have been – Sealed indictments.

27. Kim
    Posted June 9, 2020 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

You are famous Mark. You got quoted on Know Your Meme.

28. iRobert
    Posted June 10, 2020 at 4:49 am | Permalink

Graham wins South Carolina Senate primary

(From The Hill)

29. Posted June 13, 2020 at 8:11 am | Permalink

Lindsey isn’t all bad. He just released this incredible campaign ad for Biden.

30. naked moles on a rat
    Posted June 16, 2020 at 5:25 am | Permalink

I have to see this ladybugs. So f’ing HOT!

31. Liam Hicklin
    Posted June 16, 2020 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Alfredo McInerny:

“But here’s a question – other than the lack of support for gay marriage, what exactly has Graham done that has been harmful to the LG community? I don’t want vague nonsense like “He didn’t stop the president”. What has he actively done?”

Here’s a list of actions Graham has taken against proposed lgbtq protections…

32. Gwen Harris
    Posted November 20, 2020 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

It shows you that when someone object so strongly, its because he or she IS UNDERCOVER. WHO DOES GRAHAM BEEN LIVING WITH ALL THESE YEARS. LET’S BRING IT TO THE FOREFRONT. LET’S DENOUNCE GRAHAM AS GRAHAM DENOUNCE US.

33. Susan
    Posted November 21, 2020 at 6:15 am | Permalink

Graham should be outed to free him from Trump blackmail. Should have happened years ago. A few photos in drag would do it.

One Trackback

1. […] is in response to a post I read about Lindsey Graham being a closeted homosexual. If he’s gay, who cares? If he’s not gay, who cares? Either way, he’s an […]