Boy Scouts of America traverse the slippery slope of godlessness that will inevitably bring about the end of mankind

[This post, for those of you who don't get the reference, was inspired by the likes of the great Rick Santorum, who has been known to equate homosexuality to bestiality, and political commentator Michael Reagan, who so eloquently warned of the "slippery slope" between homosexuality and man-dog love, murder, etc. Personally, I'm very happy to hear that the Boy Scouts of America decided today to allow in gay members, and I hope that it's a sign of greater changes to come. As someone who was often called "gay" in high school for being an Eagle Scout, I think it only makes sense.]

This entry was posted in Mark's Life, Observations, Other and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Alan R.
        Posted May 24, 2013 at 7:20 am | Permalink

One wonders what the first “gay” merit badge will be.

Posted May 24, 2013 at 7:28 am | Permalink

About damn time. Thank you to the %60+ of scoutmasters who voted to support this change in policy.

3. taco farts
        Posted May 24, 2013 at 7:42 am | Permalink

Sorry, too little (sorry, kid whose dad is gay. Gay=pedophile, so your dad is not fit to lead), too late.

4. Elliott
        Posted May 24, 2013 at 7:52 am | Permalink

I get where you’re coming from, Taco, but I think we need to acknowledge positive movement when it occurs. It’s a small step, and it took a hell of a long time, but at least they took it. And others will likely follow when they see this isn’t the end of the world. If you want to criticize, I’d suggest looking at the Catholic church, who have made no positive movement on this subject.

5. double anonymous
        Posted May 24, 2013 at 8:14 am | Permalink

Related:

Posted May 24, 2013 at 9:20 am | Permalink

I’d love to see Tim Gunn in a scouting outfit, teaching fashion design to boys attempting to earn their “Make it Work” merit badge.

7. Knox
        Posted May 24, 2013 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

There was already a theater merit badge, and there have been gay scouts from the start of the organization.

8. tommy
        Posted May 24, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

You’re gay? I never would have guessed with the wife, two kids and all. Although weren’t you thinking of buying a Prius a while back? Should have put two and two together!

9. K2
        Posted May 24, 2013 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

It’s just a matter of time before someone on the right suggests creating a “straight” version of the Boy Scouts.

10. Posted May 25, 2013 at 9:50 am | Permalink

K2, I read an article about some Christian group (Pathfinders, I think) that is bracing for an increase in members because of this decision. I find it difficult to believe a bunch of little boys would, if left to their own devices, abandon the Scouts but of course their parents will make them :(

11. Posted May 26, 2013 at 8:16 am | Permalink

I never said I was gay, Tommy. I just got called “gay” a lot in school. Partly it was due to my being a Boy Scout. Admittedly, though, that was a small part of it. Mostly it was because I was incredibly timid, shy and introverted… All things, by the way, that most of my gay friends are not.

Posted June 1, 2013 at 11:46 am | Permalink