Marky Mark v. Tom Cruise: Battle of the Deluded Narcissists

Hate crime perpetrating underwear model turned actor Mark Wahlberg is in the press today. It appears as though he “lost his shit” during a live Q&A when the moderator indirectly referenced a comment made by Tom Cruise, about how his job is, in some ways, like “fighting in Afghanistan.” Wahlberg, who portrays a Navy SEAL in his new film, Lone Survivor, took exception with the comment, which he found to be offensive. “You don’t do what these guys did,” Wahlberg yelled. “For somebody to sit there and say my job was as difficult as somebody in the military’s. How fucking dare you. While you sit in a makeup chair for two hours… You get to go home at the end of the day. You get to go to your hotel room. You get to order fucking chicken. Or your steak. Whatever the fuck it is.”

Hurray for Marky Mark, right?

Of course, it’s not mentioned in any of the press that I’ve seen thus far that Wahlberg told a reporter a few years ago that, had he been on one of the airplanes hijacked on 9/11, things would have gone differently. “If I was on that plane with my kids,” said Wahlberg, “it wouldn’t have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first class cabin and then me saying, ‘OK, we’re going to land somewhere safely, don’t worry’.”

Loath as I am to defend Cruise, whom I dislike almost as much as I dislike Wahlberg, I couldn’t help but point out the hypocrisy, and make a little image for Tom to share by way of social media, should he choose to respond publicly.

This entry was posted in Observations, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Idea Man
    Posted November 14, 2013 at 9:07 am | Permalink

How’s this for a reality show premise: Two badass American action stars (Cruise and Wahlberg), frustrated by our nation’s inability to stop international terrorism, arranged to be dropped in rural Pakistan to fight the Taliban. The show chronicles the 30 minutes between when they land, and when they’re executed.

2. alan2102
    Posted November 14, 2013 at 10:07 am | Permalink
    What Is The Real Agenda Of The American Police State? — Paul Craig Roberts
    November 13, 2013
    What Is The Real Agenda Of The American Police State?
    Paul Craig Roberts
    In my last column I emphasized that it was important for American citizens to demand to know what the real agendas are behind the wars of choice by the Bush and Obama regimes. These are major long term wars each lasting two to three times as long as World War II. …

Posted November 14, 2013 at 11:00 am | Permalink

Trying desperately to see the connection, Alan. Can you give me a hint?

Posted November 14, 2013 at 11:10 am | Permalink

I don’t think it was Alan but there use to be someone who would leave comments here about how there really were no terrorist attacks, just events played out by actors for the purpose of instilling fear, making us easier to control. Look up Sandy Hook denial for a taste.

5. dot dot dash
    Posted November 14, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

Well, we know that MW can pull out eyeballs. Granted, he’s only proven it on an older, likely drunk Vietnamese man, but at least he’s done it. To my knowledge TC has not maimed a single person.

6. Mr. Y
    Posted November 14, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

In Cruise’s defense, his comments are somewhat out of context. The statement in question was made during a custody trial, and Cruise was replying to an attorney who had asked if being away from one’s family during a film shoot was like being in the military. He did not say, “I’m tough like a SEAL because I played one.” Wahlberg wins this round of the celebrity douche-off.

7. Andy Cameron
    Posted November 14, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

I think you made this graphic for yourself years ago.

8. Milf 74
    Posted November 14, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

We all know that Tom Cruise sent this to you years ago and you’ve been waiting for an opportunity to put it on someone else. I’m sad for Mark Wahlberg tonight.

Posted November 14, 2013 at 9:27 pm | Permalink

it’s funny to hear a narcissist call someone else a narcissist