Fire on Washtenaw

An anonymous reader just submitted the following footage of a garage fire that broke out today in Ypsi, behind the Citgo on Washtenaw Avenue, between Cornell and Mansfield. Fortunately, the fire, which seems to have been sparked by a gas grill, didn’t spread to the nearby gas station, which could have been catastrophic. And, no one was hurt… I should add that, while I appreciate the video, I’d encourage people in the future to call 911 before going into intrepid newsman mode.

This entry was posted in Ypsilanti and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

4 Comments

  1. Posted July 7, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Permalink

    And, yes, this is a viral ad for Honda.

  2. Andy Cameron
    Posted July 7, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

    In the second commercial the driver pulls into Dom’s and is then pulled from their car and dragged away. The camera turns to the logo in the last frame.

  3. Eff
    Posted July 8, 2011 at 11:57 am | Permalink

    In yet another version, a terrified young woman goes into the basement of the burned down house and finds the Honda logo staring at a wall. The camera drops to the floor.

  4. Dirtgrain
    Posted July 8, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

    Burnt, black leaves were scattered all over the place. Before knowing the cause, I thought maybe reality had been reprogrammed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Connect

BUY LOCAL... or shop at Amazon through this link Banner Initiative Dave Miller 2