1. Posted March 17, 2014 at 7:22 am | Permalink

Interesting.

There was no mention of City Farm.

Posted March 17, 2014 at 8:12 am | Permalink

I just assume that anyone new I see on the street is an academic here to study us.

3. 734
        Posted March 17, 2014 at 8:34 am | Permalink

Welcome, Megan. Fascinating project. When you’re done with it, would you consider a public meeting of some kind to discuss your findings?

4. Stefanie Stauffer
        Posted March 17, 2014 at 9:25 am | Permalink

If people want to get more info or get more involved in her project, she’ll be hosting an open space discussion session on ‘food democracy’ at this year’s Local Food Summit, March 31 @WCC.

More info about Local Food Summit 2014 can be found at: http://www.localfoodsummit.org

Also, Grace Lee Boggs will be there as one of the keynote speakers, and her film is being screened the night before for free at WCC.

5. Lorie Warren
        Posted March 17, 2014 at 7:13 pm | Permalink

Old Kenyon, we are like Kokosing,
        Obedient to some strange spell,
        Which urges us from all reposing;
        Farewell, Old Kenyon,
        Fare thee well.

A tip of the Hat to the Lords and Ladies

Megan – there are a ton of former Ohioans here. ;-)

6. Megan
        Posted March 20, 2014 at 10:50 am | Permalink

Hi all, and thank-you for your comments!

734 – sharing my results is an important part of my research process. It’s very important to me that Ypsi benefit in some way from this work. So yes, I’d love to have a public meeting and share my findings. As I get closer to that point (it seems so distant now!) I’ll be sure to get the word out, maybe even on this site.

Lorie – thanks for sharing! It does warm the heart to find fellow Ohioans, and Kenyonians, up here. Fare thee well Old Kenyon indeed.