What do you say, Michigan, is it time to trade Mitch Albom?

mitchalbomtrade

It’s now been about 30 hours since I’ve eaten, and 20 since I’ve left the small area of my home where I’ve been quarantined, and the flu is finally beginning to pay dividends. I’m starting to have brilliant visions. The most recent one involves Mitch Albom. It occurred to me that, if I could somehow raise a million dollars, I could afford to put billboards in cities across America asking, “What will you give us for Mitch Albom?” I’m not sure what his trade value is on the open market at this point, but I’ve got to think that some state in the south with a rapidly aging population might see him as a commodity. The question is, what could a sate like Arizona possibly give us in return?

This entry was posted in Media, Michigan, Observations and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Chris Buhalis
        Posted March 25, 2014 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

I’d be good with trading him for an asshole to be named later.

2. Morrie
        Posted March 25, 2014 at 7:52 pm | Permalink

Death really wasn’t so bad. To be honest, I kind of welcomed it after all of those Tuesdays with Mitch.

3. Bob Krzewinski
        Posted March 25, 2014 at 9:13 pm | Permalink

“Oh so sensitive and caring” Mitch crossed the picket line during the Detroit Free Press strike, stabbing his co-workers in the back. He is, and will be to the day he dies, a low-life SCAB.

4. Elliott
        Posted March 25, 2014 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

If you didn’t hate him already, check out this quote on gay marriage from his last column in the Free Press: “In the end, folks just don’t want to feel threatened or bullied. Many gays have long felt bullied by society; many heterosexuals now feel bullied by a new ideology.”

5. Redleg
        Posted March 26, 2014 at 7:13 am | Permalink

…. More like a ” Tuesday with Morrie” Mitch the genius will fill in the rest….

Posted March 26, 2014 at 8:34 am | Permalink

I’d accept a carton of smokes and a bag of glass beads.

7. HHH
        Posted March 26, 2014 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

The capacity of his head is enormous. I think I could fit two of mine into one of his.

8. double anonymous
        Posted March 26, 2014 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

A better billboard: “How many marbles could you fit in Mitch Albom’s head?”

9. Irv Syndrom
        Posted March 26, 2014 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

Funny you should mention him. It was just announced today that he got another movie deal.

“Warner Bros. has acquired Mitch Albom’s ‘The First Phone Call from Heaven’ for the big screen. Set in Michigan, the novel tells the story of a small town whose citizens start receiving calls from the afterlife….”

10. anonymous too
        Posted March 27, 2014 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

I’d be happy with a pile of smallpox blankets for Mitch.

11. facebook stalker
        Posted April 28, 2014 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Mitch Albom’s advice to a black girl rejected from college: “…if she really wants to change things, she can create a two-parent, high-standards home for her own children…”

12. Meta
        Posted April 29, 2014 at 8:13 am | Permalink

He was on CBS Sunday Morning this weekend with Jane Pauley.

Pauley: “You write books, you lecture, and in your spare time, you are a saint (laughs). You notice people who need help and you find ways to help them.”

Mitch: “That’s accurate, what you just said. I notice people who need help, and I try to find the time to help them.”

Watch the interview:

One Trackback

1. […] did Mitch Albom’s show a couple of days ago. And I’ve got to tell you, they don’t like the guest trying […]