The Totally Awesome Fest rumor mill is beginning to grind

TAL10manhole

Speaking of Totally Awesome Fest, I’ve just agreed to host some kind of walking tour of the various event sites on the evening of Monday, April 21. So be sure not to schedule anything else that night, OK?

Oh, and I haven’t talked with event organizers yet, but, given that this will be the 10th Totally Awesome Fest, I’m thinking that another formal press conference might be called for.

As for Manhole, I’m sorry to break it to all the schoolgirls in the audience, but I doubt they’ll be back. Once I threatened legal action over their unsanctioned use of my image, they scattered to the winds. No, I don’t think we’ll ever see the likes of Leggs, Doc, and Hollis around these parts again. They’ve burned too many bridges… not to mention mascots.

This entry was posted in Art and Culture, Ypsilanti and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. 734
        Posted March 25, 2014 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

The thought of young girls screaming at the thought of Manhole like they’re the 1964 Beatles really appeals to me.

2. smatrick smelkins
        Posted March 25, 2014 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

It’s a whole week this year. April 20 – 27.

See the Facebook page for details:

3. Patrick Elkins
        Posted March 25, 2014 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

Next thing you know people will be saying that LORD OF THE YUM-YUM will be back again this year…

4. Keelan
        Posted March 25, 2014 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

I also herd the members of Manhole individually recorded their parts to cassette. Sent the cassettes to Patrick, where then Patrick will play these tapes in sync, to create a Manhole set.

It is all rumors though.

5. Grumpy
        Posted March 25, 2014 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

I heard a rumor that Mark Maynard invented Manbook to advertise his face t-shirts just like that horrible band Malcolm McLaren invented to advertise his store Sex.

6. Catrick Pelikins
        Posted March 27, 2014 at 11:01 pm | Permalink

I heard a rumor that Barfcat and Elaine Nancy are going to be judges at the Secret Crunchy Vegan Chicken Nibbling Contest at the Dark Acorn on Thursday, April 24.

7. Ben
        Posted March 28, 2014 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

I heard a rumor that there’s going to be an Ypsilanti Armpit Passport!