Charles Laughton sighting

This entry was posted in Mark's Life, Observations. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Posted December 3, 2012 at 11:37 pm | Permalink

I love Charles Laughton. What a brilliant actor. I can’t believe we’ve gone from leading men like him to the likes of Tom Cruise.

Posted December 4, 2012 at 12:44 am | Permalink

Laughton was married to Elsa Lanchester, who is best known as the Bride of Frankenstein. It’s widely believed that Laughton was gay, however.

3. a lady at the gym
        Posted December 4, 2012 at 7:44 am | Permalink

oh geez, I hope it’s not me?

4. Mr. Y
        Posted December 4, 2012 at 10:10 am | Permalink

Laughton has been quote as describing his face as being, “like the behind of an elephant.”

Also, if I’m not mistaken, Elsa had described their 30+ year relationship as sexless. I don’t know if she ever confirmed that they were both gay, but that seems to be the prevailing theory.

5. Posted December 4, 2012 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Gay or not, that’s irrelevant.

It’s good that Laughton didn’t have sex. There’s already too much sex in the world. No need to add anymore.

6. kjc
        Posted December 4, 2012 at 10:50 am | Permalink

I felt the same way when I saw Sean Astin playing drums for Japanther.

7. K2
        Posted December 4, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

Women at the Gym Who Look Like Laughton could be a bigger meme than Lesbians Who Look Like Bieber.