Candidate Trump and the birther issue… What do you guys think?

Was this the only way for Donald Trump to break out of a crowded political field and make a decent showing in the Republican primary, or does he really believe this birther shit?

This entry was posted in Politics and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Tumped Pumped
        Posted April 10, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Permalink

On the one hand, I hope he believes it. If Trump ran, he could deplete Republican’s war chests immeasurably in the primaries. If he managed to win the nomination, the general would be like the ego publicity hound Fieger vs. Engler.

On the other hand, his logic has me seriously reconsidering the location of my own birth and that of my children. I realize now that I don’t know the name of a single doctor or nurse involved with those births (even my own!). And, many in my family couldn’t name the hospital in which I or my children were born, and none of us have news accounts of our birth.

I think I might be Kenyan. Hell, for all I know I could be Chinese, Russian, North Korean or Saudi. Oh shit. Seriously freaky thought. What if none of us are American?! They (We?!) might have already won.

2. Josh
        Posted April 10, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

trump is so behind the times, in his other videos he’s telling us all he’s rich. this is the same.. i think he’s just bored. i hope he’s just bored.

after 4 hard weeks of research on wikipedia, he can’t come up with any real arguments.

MAN i’m already sick of him, he’s not even fun to watch.

3. Posted April 11, 2011 at 6:15 am | Permalink

He is like Mark, he lacks clarity in his ideas.

4. Knox
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 6:32 am | Permalink

He inherited his wealth. I’ve also heard that he’s not really the big real estate developer that he wants us to think that he is. He makes his money licensing his name to others. Putting “Trump” on your building is apparently worth something.

5. Mr. X
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 6:42 am | Permalink

An explanation of the latticework construction of Trump’s hair:

6. Posted April 11, 2011 at 7:23 am | Permalink

I hope he gets the nomination. He’s unelectable.

Posted April 11, 2011 at 8:03 am | Permalink

Can someone please explain the distinction between a “certificate of live birth” and a “birth certificate”? They sound like pretty much the same thing to me.

8. Redleg
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 8:17 am | Permalink

Since the hospital I was born in has been demolished many years ago– What good is that faded birth certificate anyway? To the birther mindset, my hospital never existed, so therefore neither do I!
        …. And being part Mexican is further proof for their denial pudding.

9. EOS
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 9:15 am | Permalink

A certificate of live birth in Hawaii was issued to anyone who requested it. Grandparents could get one issued even if the newborn is still in Kenya. There is no requirement to prove that the individual was born in the state. At the time Obama was born, Hawaii was letting anyone who wanted to claim residency status to “grow” their new state.

A birth certificate is a certified legal document and lists both parents names, occupations, the name of the doctor who delivered the baby, and the location were the birth occurred. Why won’t he show his birth certificate? McCain was asked for his and he gave it to the press.

10. Kim
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 10:13 am | Permalink

Trump doesn’t want to be President. He wants the fame and attention. He’s seen what Palin has constructed for herself, and he wants a piece of it. It’s that simple.

11. Kim
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 10:16 am | Permalink

EOS, you’re out of your mind if you really think that you can go to a hospital in Hawaii and ask them to print up a Certificate of Live Birth for someone that wasn’t born there. You’re not that stupid, are you? Do you really think that you can just walk up to a window and ask them to print up a form saying that someone like Elenore Potatohead was born there in 1986? Are you that stupid?

12. EOS
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 10:42 am | Permalink

For you Obamanites who claim that there is no difference between a Certification of Live Birth and a Birth Certificate, the State of Hawaii disagrees with you.

Pay close attention to the following Hawaiian legal statute:

“[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State.
        (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.
        (b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.
        (c) The fee for each application for registration shall be established by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 91. [L 1982, c 182, §1]”

Everybody get that?

As long as an adult can walk into Hawaii’s version of the Department of Records and provide proof that they are a legal resident of Hawaii, the document is issued.

The child, on the other hand, could have been born in Hawaii, Kenya, or a back-alley in Budapest.

How much more proof do you disciples of the Messiah need before you will admit that there are legitimate reasons to demand answers on this issue?

Of course the fact that Obama may have been elected to our nation’s highest office in direct violation of the United States Constitution is not something that would greatly trouble a dedicated Kool-Aid drinker.

13. Posted April 11, 2011 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Yawn.

14. Redleg
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 11:31 am | Permalink

That settles it! The government must now fly everyone who may harbor doubts about Obama’s credentials to Hawaii to see/hold/touch/smell the document in question, as obviously everything thus far provided “ain’t good enough” for far too many “T-types” out there.
        There’s no raised seal? Factcheck.org shows one– But I can’t touch it myself, so it must not be true…… Old microfiched newspaper articles announcing the birth? I wasn’t there, so again, can’t be true!
        What is sadly funny about all this was that not to long ago, politically speaking, there was an inkling of a drive to remove this old “native born” qualifier from the presidential campaign by some republicans who wanted to push foreign born Arnold Schwarzenegger past his governors office limitations– This 180 flip by the teabagger types on this subject is almost hilarious, when viewed through my truth/time capsule magic prism– Sorry folks, I’ve a patent pending on that one!

15. Carl
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 11:42 am | Permalink

@EOS. Ive read many of your comments here and I commend them. As a fellow Christian I feel compelled to chime in with my take on both Jesus our lord and also our President, Barack Obama.

A few weeks ago after a very powerful service at my place of worship, I engaged in prayer, and asked God to guide me in my journey towards either acceptance of our fellow Christian, Obama, or rejection of him and his Presidency.

I believe that He answered me in the form of a dream. I dreamed that night while I slept, that Obama was standing near me in a grassy meadow and the meadow was filled with the most beautiful white sunshine, bright but mellow, comforting. He smiled at me, looked up to the sky, looked back down and into my eyes and said ‘I love.’

I believe this was Gods answer to my prayer and my worry. I believe President Obama is a good man and a fine President, who is filled with Gods love, no matter the color of his skin, no matter whether we agree with all his political actions.

EOS I hope this testimony can help to sooth your misgivings.

Sincerely, Carl

16. mumbo jumbo
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

EOS,

You are aware that the mother must be physically present during the birth, right?

And that Obama’s dad was a student at the University of Hawaii when President Obama was born. Is it really your contention that President Obama’s mother boarded a plane while nine months pregnant and flew to Kenya to deliver her baby, then jetted back to America?

17. TaterSalad
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Obama does HAVE something to hide and here is why:

Obama has lived for almost 50 years without leaving any footprints — none! There is no Obama documentation — no bona fides — no paper trail — nothing.

Original, vault copy birth certificate — Not released (lawyers’ fees greater than $2,000,000 ~ birth certificate is $15)
        Certification of Live Birth — Released — Counterfeit
        Amended Certification of Live Birth — Released — Counterfeit
        Obama/Dunham marriage license — Not released (if one exists)
        Obama/Dunham divorce — Released (by independent investigators)

Noelani Kindergarten records — Records lost (this is a big one — read two frames)
        Soetoro/Dunham marriage license — Not released
        Soetoro adoption records — Not released

Fransiskus Assisi School School application — Released (by independent investigators)

Punahou School application — Missing
        Punahou School records — Not released

Noelani 3rd Grade records — Not released
        Soetoro/Dunham divorce — Released (by independent investigators)

Selective Service Registration — Released — Under suspicion

Social Security Number — Released (by independent investigators) — Under suspicion – http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1438371/pg1

Occidental College records — Not released

Financial Aid Records — Not released
        Passport — Not released and records scrubbed clean by Obama’s terrorism and intelligence adviser
        Columbia College records — Not released
        Columbia thesis — “Soviet Nuclear Disarmament” — Not released
        Harvard College records — Not released
        Harvard Law Review articles — None

Illinois Bar Records — Not released
        Baptism certificate — None
        Medical records — Not released — nor is the source of this nasty scar
        Illinois State Senate records — None
        Illinois State Senate schedule — Lost
        Law practice client list — Not released
        University of Chicago scholarly articles — None

White House Visitors list — The complete list

The Blagojevich Interview — judge denies access to the FBI report

The Illinois State Archives told Judicial Watch that they never received any request from Senator Obama to archive any records in his possession. In 2007, Obama told Tim Russert that his records were “not kept.”

And there’s less on the web every day. In time, the entire Obama body of knowledge will consist of 3 documents — “Dreams From My Father” — “The Audacity of Hope” — and the latest — “Change We Can Believe In” — all written by Barack Hussein Obama or his “ghost-writers.”

Just an accident? I don’t think so.

And this is the original list — it has been copied all over the Internet — but this is the original source.

The Fraud has been committed and now it has been revealed http://noiri.blogspot.com/2011/03/is-anything-about-obamas-past-real-even.html

a. Click on this video that you probably have seen before.

b. Run/drag the cursor plug up to the 3:30 mark and stop

c. Right click the mouse and hold and run the video up to 3:40 and then back to 3:30 doing this numerous times.

d. This proves the picture was photo-shopped and Obama was inserted into the picture

1. http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/34972

2. http://thedailypen.blogspot.com/2011/04/msnbc-suggests-obama-not-born-in.html

3. http://www.colony14.net/id41.html

4. http://www.theobamafile.com/BarackObama.htm

5. http://conservativebyte.com/2011/04/hawaii-elections-clerk-obama-caught-fibbing/

6. Obama admits he is NOT a natural born citizen during his Senate
        campaign: http://www.thepostemail.com/2009/10/15/obama-concedes-hes-not-a-nbc-in-obama-vs-keyes-2004-debate/

7. http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/abbott/110227

18. TaterSalad
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

Donal Trump, Presidents worst nightmare and here is why:

19. Tommy
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

Don’t you think that both the process of vetting the presidential candidates that is done by the FBI and the fact that his opponents (including Hilary) did not find this so called proof prior to the election somehow puts this theory of not being a natural citizen in question? It does for me. Unless, of course, the fix was in years ago and there was a vast conspiracy to elect a Kenyan/Muslim/Socialist/Commie/Nazi/ to the highest elected position in the free world. Whatever is being smoked, could I please get some?

20. Reason
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

All that aside, even if the certificate of live birth does not prove he was born here, the fact that his mother is a citizen makes him one. There is a law that protects pregnant mothers while traveling, and spouses of military stationed overseas. Even IF all this was fake, the law still protects him.

21. IKKKEA
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Permalink

Union-busting, racism, and tax dodging.

Oh but I love my Smarmfjord Swivel Mirror!!!

22. Mike Shecket
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

Barack Obama is more of an American than any of these cranks will ever be.

23. dragon
        Posted April 11, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Permalink

He owns many leather-bound books and his apartment smells of rich mahogany.

24. EOS
        Posted April 12, 2011 at 7:15 am | Permalink

All he has to do is produce an official birth certificate. Instead he has spent more than $2 MILLION dollars to date in legal fees fighting the release of his official birth certificate. WHY?

25. Posted April 12, 2011 at 8:09 am | Permalink

Because he’s a gay Muslim. It says so on his birth certificate.

Personally, if it pissed you off this much and I had the money, I’d spend 2 million bucks, too.

Posted April 12, 2011 at 8:11 am | Permalink

EOS,

The claim that he spent $2 million on this has been thoroughly debunked.

Posted April 12, 2011 at 8:13 am | Permalink

Not that you’ll read evidence to the contrary, EOS, but here’s some more.

Posted April 12, 2011 at 8:15 am | Permalink

And here are images of his signed birth certificate, which has a raised seal.

Get over it. A black man was elected President.

Now let’s focus n where Trump was during Vietnam.

29. EOS
        Posted April 12, 2011 at 8:26 am | Permalink

It clearly states on the top of the form “Certificate of Live Birth”. It doesn’t matter that it has a signature or a seal – it is not a birth certificate. It is a state form that Hawaii uses for proof of residency. It does not verify that the person listed on the form was born in the state. Therefore, it cannot be used to verify that a person is a natural born citizen of the United States. Edward, your “proof” is meaningless and you would understand why if you have done any reading of the subject in the past two years.

30. Posted April 12, 2011 at 8:33 am | Permalink

Do you have a job?

31. EOS
        Posted April 12, 2011 at 8:39 am | Permalink

Yes. I clean pools. That has already been established by the “fact checkers” on this site.

32. Kim
        Posted April 12, 2011 at 8:46 am | Permalink

You should start wearing a mask. The fumes can rot your brain.

33. Mr. X
        Posted April 14, 2011 at 8:42 am | Permalink

I look forward to becoming a birther when it’s Trig Palin running for office in a few decades.

34. ytown
        Posted April 14, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

Edward, that clearly is a Certificate of Live Birth, NOT a Birth Certificate. There is a difference, a big difference. Look it up. Or just spout off about things you know nothing about. My guess is that you will do the later.

35. dragon
        Posted April 14, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

Edward, clearly you said Tonya not LaTonya. There is a difference, a big difference. Look it up. Or just spout off about things you know nothing about.

36. I spy
        Posted April 15, 2011 at 9:42 am | Permalink

Trump/Palin 2012

Bumper sticker: You’re fired/I Quit

37. Posted April 15, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Permalink

Article II, Section I of the Constitution states: “No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of the President.” Obama was not a citizen in 1787.

38. Stan O.
        Posted April 15, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Permalink

Everybody knows, I’m guessing, that John McCain was indisputably born in Panama. I mean, that’s reason he lost the election, right?

A less relevant fun fact, George Romney (Mitt’s dad and our old governor), who was the front running Republican candidate for the presidential nomination in 1968, was born in Mexico. (His grandparents fled to Mexico to escape the U.S.A.’s draconian anti-polygamy laws. )

39. wetdolphinmissile
        Posted April 16, 2011 at 5:37 am | Permalink

wow…birthers abound here is Ypsi, who would have thought such ignorance festers in our progressive little enclave? His mother was an American, duh? And trunp needs to lose that squirrel on his head, just sayin…

40. wetdolphinmissile
        Posted April 16, 2011 at 5:38 am | Permalink

That is Trump needs to lose that squirrel

41. Robert
        Posted April 16, 2011 at 9:52 am | Permalink

The whole birth certificate issue is a deliberate hoax meant to get enough morons focused on something crazy so that by association everyone who opposes the current Administration’s agenda look potentially a little more crazy themselves. It’s a strategy that appears to be working to some degree.

42. Robert
        Posted April 16, 2011 at 9:57 am | Permalink

It may even be that Trump has been cut a deal to pretend he is planning a serious run for the GOP nomination. Trump has always had a friendly relationship with the Democratic Party and it’s power players.

43. Kim
        Posted April 27, 2011 at 9:03 am | Permalink

President Obama’s long-form birth certificate is being released, the White House announced today.

44. EOS
        Posted April 27, 2011 at 9:56 am | Permalink

Yes, it looks like the real deal. Trump is taking credit for getting Obama to finally release his real birth certificate.

45. Concede defeat
        Posted April 27, 2011 at 11:01 am | Permalink

It will never be enough.

46. Bilety Autoklave
        Posted April 27, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

How do we know that Trump isn’t a witch? We should probably dunk him in the river until he drowns, right? Then we’d know for sure.

Posted April 27, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

From the Onion:

BREAKING: Trump Unable To Produce Certificate Proving He’s Not A Festering Pile Of Shit

48. Peter Larson
        Posted April 27, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

A good article on the next conspiracy that eos will latch on to.

49. Meta
        Posted April 29, 2011 at 11:59 am | Permalink

Advertisers are starting to pull out of Trump’s television show, The Apprentice.

50. Kaitlin Macias
        Posted September 3, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

This comment thread is hilarious. I don’t believe that ytown, EOS and Tater Salad ever showed their faces around here again. What buffoons.

51. Watching Laughing.
        Posted September 3, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Trump is a pile. Just pandering for his 2o million payday from NBC.
        Loves the government when they save his ass 3 times in bankruptcy.
        He’s just a comedy act to me.

Have you ever checked out Tom Delay when he was on Fox News being interviewed last year with the whole birther issue?
        He was just shit faced drunk, hammered on Fox News via a feed from his hometown in Texas and was stumbling over all of his words. He said, “I wooouulllddd likkkee tooo seeee, Obaamaa’ss
        GIFT CERTIFICATE.” IIII Meeannnn Biirrrthhh Certiffficattee.
        It’s hilarious.