Restoring Truthiness

It would appear, based on last night’s Colbert Report, that Stephen has not only heard about the groundswell of support for a Restoring Truthiness rally in DC in October, but that he’s actually considering it.

The Colbert Report Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Geese Witherspoon
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes 2010 Election Fox News

If this actually happens, we definitely need to charter a bus from Ypsi. Or, better, yet a fleet of Hummer limos… I may even buy a new shirt for the occasion.

This entry was posted in Media, Politics and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted September 8, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

Hell yeah! I will get a shirt too, and we can be twins! Oooh, maybe your puppet can come, too!

2. Posted September 8, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Yeah, I love those shirts… I wonder if the Brewery would donate kegs for the bus trip down to DC. Hmmmmm… This could be a lot of fun.

3. Knox
    Posted September 9, 2010 at 6:18 am | Permalink

The date being suggested is 10.10.10, and, according to the reports that I’ve read, Colbert would stand a few steps down from the historic step where Beck stood.

Posted September 9, 2010 at 8:41 am | Permalink

I want to go, but I don’t think I can get there without taking the socialist highways of Obama’s Amerika.

5. Robert
    Posted September 9, 2010 at 11:56 am | Permalink

If you guys disliked crazy people so much you probably shouldn’t have fueled for decades the culture that produces them.

Personally, I like crazy people…especially the hot ones like Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman. I can hardly wait for them to do us all in. If it weren’t for crazy people I would have had way less action in my life.

6. Kevin Paul
    Posted September 9, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

We need a fake sponsor for the event, like Beck has Gold Line, or whatever it’s called. How about a producer of Christian armored vehicles?

7. dp in ypsi
    Posted September 9, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

I’m in.

8. Robert
    Posted September 9, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

I like your sponsorship idea, Kevin Paul. I was thinking we should see if we could get the rally sponsored by that insurance company that insures against alien abduction.