New music Tuesday

I’ve got two great videos to share tonight. One comes from my friend Larry in Sweden. The other comes from my friend Eric, who lives here in Ypsi. One is of Christian musician Jim Steager. The other is of noise artist Justice Yeldham. I’d be curious to know which you find more upsetting.

And, yeah, this is what I chose to write about tonight instead of the fact that both Ypsilanti and Willow Run high schools were named among the worst in the State.

This entry was posted in Art and Culture and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Posted August 17, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Permalink

Sweet Jesus. I can understand eating glass, but that first video has to be fake. I cannot accept that it’s not. It has to be, right?

As for Willow Run, isn’t that the district that got caught a few months back spending over $10k on some fake designation placing them on a fictitious “best schools” list? Does anyone remember the details?

I’ve been drinking, and, after watching these videos, I have no choice but to continue.

2. Knox
        Posted August 18, 2010 at 7:45 am | Permalink

I think the Christian dog face one is by far scarier. At least that’s the one that kept me from sleeping last night.

3. Astrid
        Posted August 18, 2010 at 8:14 am | Permalink

Even more upsetting is this behind the scenes footage from the Gathering of Juggalos shot by Tom Green.

These, I’m thinking, are the people who grow to to throw tea parties.

4. Stephen
        Posted August 18, 2010 at 8:58 am | Permalink

Thanks for turning me onto Yeldham. He’s incredible. If only he’d paint his face like a dog and throw in a few barks for Jesus.

5. Posted August 18, 2010 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Woof woof woof! Oh I”m sorry…I’ll talk People talk now. This is Buddy, dog of your friend TeacherPatti. My mom played that first video for me and, on behalf of dog’s everywhere, I would like to object. No offense to this Jesus person (I’m a Jew dog) but my “Master” (my mom, Patti) does a lot more than just sit around in the sky and maybe grant my prayers but more than likely not. My master also doesn’t make me feel guilty for having longings for my neighbors, Cocoa and Khalen. My “master” is right there in front of me, feeds me, takes me OUTSIDE! OUTSIDE! Who has to go outside??? Oh sorry. Distracted. She cleans up my poop, like the prize that I left her in the kitchen this morning. I get to sleep under my binkie and next to her feet every night. In other words, she…………..oh sorry. Found a Cheeto under the bed. Back now. And what the fuck is this “better than a bone” shit? Ridiculous. No dog would ever say that. I expected much more from you “top of the food chain ha ha we have opposible thumb” creatures.

6. WWOO
        Posted August 18, 2010 at 9:33 am | Permalink

Loved the amplified glass eating.

7. Posted August 18, 2010 at 9:39 am | Permalink

Does this guy, Justice, actually get paid for that? Vocal techniques? Nails on a blackboard is now high art. Heighten people’s mood? Like a jolt of meth? He’ll be a huge hit at Juggalo Fest next year.

Wasn’t his performance referenced in the Bible to occur just before the Rapture?

8. Posted August 18, 2010 at 9:43 am | Permalink

When his “set” is over how do his fans know when to throw poo and full beer cans?

I can’t wait to see his encore!

9. Andy
        Posted August 18, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Edward – If I remember correctly it was the Lincoln school district that paid to be listed as one of the best schools in the state.

The Willow Run and Ypsilanti school districts are in serious trouble. If Ypsilanti hopes to become an attractive community for young people, there needs to be a school system these parents feel comfortable sending their children.

10. Ted
        Posted August 18, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

You don’t need school, as long as you’re willing to chew and lick glass.

11. roots
        Posted August 18, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

I agree with Andy. If I had plans to have children, I might have chosen to live elsewhere, which is really sad! What’s weirder, I guess, is that lots of families in my neighborhood send their kids to private/charter schools, and these are the same kids that could really help to improve the atmosphere of Ypsi High or Willow Run. Reading the proposed options for the reform of those schoools depressed me because, by and large, they are punitive for staff and costly. Blah blah blah…I guess I’d just like to know how many of the current teachers and staff are veteran professionals…I’m guessing they have many great educators at these schools, and it seems silly to throw the baby out with the bathwater. What gives?

12. Alfie
        Posted August 18, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

Wanna see something really scary?

Dr. Laura’s ugly face.

13. Posted August 18, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Dr Laura’s face… on acid.
        I wonder if she’ll feel less compelled to stifle her 1st amendment rights by doing a breaking glass and distortion duet with Mr Justice.

14. Teddy the Canopener
        Posted August 19, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

I’ve got some really scary footage to share. Are you ready for it?

As for the dog-faced singer, I have a request, should you ever meet. I have a dog. He’s Christian, and he has nudicles. (Nudicles are fake testicles.) He wants to know, when he goes to heaven, upon the Rapture, will his nudicles go with him. A song would be much appreciated.