Satanism Rocks Churches in Malawi

malawisatanism

I don’t know that he’s directly responsible for “rocking” churches and introducing Satanism to the people of Malawi, but I find it interesting that, after my friend Pete had spent a week there, this is the headline that would grace the front page of the nation’s largest paper.

Pete, for those of you who don’t know him, used to make ungodly loud music.

Now, though, he’s a PhD student, studying epidemiology and the international delivery of health care.

To read about his adventures in Malawi, which, sadly, have little to do with spreading the word of Satan through heavy metal, click here, here, here or here. It’s really interesting stuff.

This entry was posted in Other and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Knox
        Posted June 25, 2010 at 5:52 am | Permalink

I very much enjoyed Pete’s site. Thank you for the link.

2. T2
        Posted June 25, 2010 at 8:15 am | Permalink

It’s good to see that Pete made it out of rock and roll alive.

3. Kim
        Posted June 25, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

Satanism scares are unfortunately common in Malawi.

4. Kim
        Posted June 25, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

See also:

Eat do poo poo

Africa is fucked.

5. Posted June 26, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Permalink

I blame Madonna.

6. Posted June 27, 2010 at 8:35 am | Permalink

I blame the Americans who are funding them.

And I’ve said it before, but I really think we’ll see a time again in America where people are killed due to being labeled witches. I just hope I’m long gone by the time that happens.

7. Oliva
        Posted June 27, 2010 at 10:08 am | Permalink

I loved reading Pete’s blog posts re. the trip to Malawi. Thank you, thank you. There’s an excellent African music podcast available on iTunes at “Radio Africa Online mixes.” Am gonna check if the DJ ever features music from Malawi. Has some delicious hour-long shows–dance floor filler, Arab music, Haitian melodies, swe-e-e-et Ethiopian tunes, hip hop from Ghana, and so so so much good stuff. (The Haitian music podcast gets scratchy for just a little while around the middle.)

8. LAWLANCE
        Posted May 17, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

THEY WANT TO PUT US ALL IN THERE BELIEVE BUT GOD WILL JOGDE EVEN DOWN HERE ONE DAY THE TRUTH SHAL BE REVIELLED BUT KNOW LET THEM USE US THE POOR MALAWIANS COUSE WE NEED THRE THERE HELP

9. ferop
        Posted October 6, 2011 at 9:29 am | Permalink

it is not good to love satanic site

10. vincent nkhonjera
        Posted January 19, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

man i have understand u very well but as a result of dat i am lil scared

Posted June 15, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

Jesus loves you all and wants to come in your life. He died on the cross for your sins. His blood will wash way them all away. Confess with your mouth and believe with your heart. Tell to come in to your heart and accept Him as your Lord and Saviour. He said that I’am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to God the Father but its only by Him (John 14:6).

12. Madalitso Tepani
        Posted February 9, 2014 at 6:25 am | Permalink

So good.

13. Posted March 2, 2014 at 10:22 am | Permalink

I want to joinsatanism in Africa / Malawi.

2 Trackbacks

1. By The Refuse Stealing Kukana Kuba Band on July 8, 2010 at 9:41 pm

[...] I’ve mentioned here before, my friend Pete has been in the African country of Malawi these past several weeks, conducting [...]

2. By Now recruiting for Team Satan in Malawi on August 9, 2013 at 10:48 pm

[...] few years ago, I posted a short piece about the practice of witchcraft in the African nation of Malawi, and, as a result, every six months or so, I get a strange comment in my in-box. Here’s the [...]