Logan Hughes on Hamtramck’s 1610 AM

My friends Steve and Hillary Cherry operate an incredible little AM radio station in Hamtramck, and, in addition to playing local music, they’ve been producing a number of community-based shows. And, one of those shows, I just discovered, was recently hosted by Logan Hughes, the 10 year old son of my friends Steve and Anne. So, right now, I’m sitting at my kitchen table, listening to Logan, whom I’ve known since he was a tiny little kid, interview Hamtramck musician Timmy Vulgar, and smiling from ear to ear… There really is nothing cooler than a kid who actually does shit.

[note: Some of you here in Ypsi may have met Logan at the Shadow Art Fair a while back, where he was selling a zine about the passing of his pet dog, Cash. It was a great little zine, and he sold out really quickly.]

This entry was posted in Art and Culture, Shadow Art Fair and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Dragon Troll
        Posted June 9, 2010 at 6:40 am | Permalink

No doubt another white male hipster.

2. Posted June 9, 2010 at 6:54 am | Permalink

Yes, he’s the most insidious kind of hipster. The kind that has his mom brush his hair.

3. Timothy Trench
        Posted June 9, 2010 at 11:43 am | Permalink

Maybe Clementine could have a radio show on the Deja Vu radio station owned by Steve Pierce and Brian Rob.

4. Watching Lactating
        Posted June 9, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

I’ve never listened to their station, but I don’t think it’s in any way tied to DejaVu. Event though they did, at least for a while, have a signed photo of a stripper in the window. It would be great if they did real community radio like Steve is doing in Hamtramck, but I don’t think that’s their thing. I think they just like having an Our Gang like clubhouse where they can go to hide from their wives and plan their political plots.

5. brad
        Posted June 9, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

if AM1700 were to go the community route, i’d totally be interested in trying out to be a DJ.

6. Ted
        Posted June 10, 2010 at 11:43 am | Permalink

Didn’t one of them get busted trying to tunnel over to the VU to set up cameras or something?

7. logan hughes
        Posted June 29, 2010 at 7:32 am | Permalink

The dog that was in my zine was Ginger, NOT Cash. Cash is black and a little white. He is very healthy. He is about 10 or 11, and he also goes crazy still. You can buy my zines, Mira’s too, at Leopold’s book store on Woodward. So far they get sold out quicker than my dad’s Stupor zines.

Posted June 29, 2010 at 10:18 am | Permalink

Reminds me of the Greek myth about the king who hears from an oracle that his son will eclipse him. He tries to kill the did, but fails. It’s inevitable.

And Mark’s a lousy reporter.