I’ve finally earned a place in the Hitler Downfall meme

I was alerted to the existence of this footage earlier tonight, upon arriving home from work. Linette took me into her office and showed it to me, but was reluctant to tell me who the responsible party was. She eventually gave up our mutual friend Eric Lagergren, though…

Thank you, Eric, for making history come alive for my family and me. I’d been waiting for the right time to introduce my five year old daughter to Hitler, and, tonight, you gave me that very special gift.

[For background on the Hitler Downfall meme, click here.]

This entry was posted in Art and Culture, Mark's Life, Pop Culture, Ypsilanti and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. What's In A Name
        Posted February 16, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

Damn that’s good! I’d pay to see that acted live on a stage.

So who is the Fuher of Ypsi? Steve Pierce?

2. Suzie
        Posted February 17, 2010 at 7:07 am | Permalink

That is really wonderful. I kept finding lines where I planned to then comment here to say, ‘that was the best part’, ‘no *that* was the best part….’ , ‘no *that*!’ – Eric did an awesome job.

3. Yellow Dog
        Posted February 17, 2010 at 7:08 am | Permalink

I have one edit to suggest. The Fuher should ask all the people who find Totally Quotable Clementine adorable to leave the room.

4. Elizabeth
        Posted February 17, 2010 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Brilliant!

Posted February 17, 2010 at 9:30 am | Permalink

The only thing that indicates Pierce is the comment about the Segway, and lots of douches have Segways.

6. Aaron
        Posted February 17, 2010 at 10:02 am | Permalink

Way too funny!

7. Kim
        Posted February 17, 2010 at 10:51 am | Permalink

Wait. Hitler found out about the Downfall parodies, and he’s not happy.

8. Posted February 17, 2010 at 11:10 am | Permalink

Brilliant!!!

9. Kim
        Posted February 17, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

I could watch a whole 2 hours of that. Thanks, Eric.

10. Maria
        Posted February 17, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

I cried… I really did.

11. Posted February 17, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

The Ypsi/Ann arbor dividing line was my favorite!

12. Jim
        Posted February 17, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

Love it!

13. Patty
        Posted February 17, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

That. Was. Hilarious.

14. Elf
        Posted February 19, 2010 at 9:17 am | Permalink

Still brilliant after three days.

15. Suzie
        Posted February 20, 2010 at 8:15 am | Permalink

Still brilliant! I think you should put a link to this in your sidebar. Or at least on the About page or something.

One Trackback

1. By Google interprets Mark on March 5, 2010 at 10:55 pm

[...] friend Eric, the guy who put me in the Hitler downfall meme a week or so ago, has struck again. This time he’s taken an innocent little video that I [...]