isolation, longing, and man as unsuccessful octopus

Because no one else on the internet was going to see the beauty of it and connect these two things in a post, I felt as though I had to. I suspect some won’t share my fascination, but I find them, when looked at together, to be quite beautiful and poetic… I’m imaging the two films playing endlessly on a split screen in a modern art museum… I should have been an artist.

This entry was posted in Art and Culture. Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

1. mark
    Posted March 31, 2008 at 10:33 pm | Permalink

I fully expect to wake up with an offer from a modern art gallery in my in box.

Seriously. I’m not kidding. I think, if I could get the tape of the man trying to force himself through the umbrella hole in his table, I’d have a piece worthy of the Whitney Biennial.

2. mark
    Posted March 31, 2008 at 10:37 pm | Permalink

And, yes, I do think that the Ohio man was trying to force himself through the hole to escape his meaningless existence.

3. MCNB
    Posted March 31, 2008 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

Ever hear the old (1968) Woody Allen stand-up album?

“Are you the man who beat the television?”

4. Ol' E Cross
    Posted March 31, 2008 at 11:51 pm | Permalink

So, what you’re saying is, I perhaps should be a little more discreet about what goes on between me and my chiminea?

5. Clay Pidgeon
    Posted April 1, 2008 at 8:34 am | Permalink

Great footage of a chiminea being made.

6. Paw
    Posted April 1, 2008 at 11:57 am | Permalink

As a completely unrelated aside, I do find the Sidetrack’s outdoor tables to be quite fetching.

7. Anonymatt
    Posted April 1, 2008 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

I’m puzzled by your comment “I should have been an artist.” since you actually were an artist.